Nitro Pro’s export functionality allows you to convert PDF files into Rich Text Format documents (.RTF files) enabling you to easily and reliably re-purpose your content in WordPerfect, Open Office or another word processing application. You can export a range of pages, whole files, or whole collections of files in a single task.
|NOTE: OCR (optical character recognition) will be automatically used on image-based (or scanned) PDF files to recognize and convert the text contained in the document.|
To convert PDF to Rich Text:
- On the Home tab, in the Convert group, click To Other then To Rich Text
- In the Convert PDF to Rich Text window, do any of the following:
- Under Files for Conversion, click Add Files, and then browse to select additional PDF files to include
- Highlight a PDF file from the list and then use the Move Up or Move Down options to reorder the documents, or click Remove to remove a document from the list
- Click the checkbox next to Include all open PDF documents to quickly export the open PDFs to RTF
- To convert specific pages within a document, highlight the document then click Choose Pages. In the Pages box, enter the desired page or range of pages (separated by a dash). For example, to convert pages 3, 4, and 5 of an 8-page document, enter 3-5
- Under Conversion Settings, choose a layout mode from the Layout list, or click Options… to set additional options. Refer to PDF to Word/RTF Export Settings for more information on layout modes and other available options.
- Under Output, select from available Folder options to specify where the exported file is stored
- Click the Open files after conversion checkbox to automatically open the exported documents in the default program
- Click Convert to complete the conversion