Being able to rotate pages is often required when a document contains both portrait and landscape pages, and the text onscreen appears in both vertical and horizontal orientations. For example, a PDF document may contain several pages of text, followed by a table or chart that is oriented such that the text is running up the screen instead of appearing horizontally. With Nitro Pro, you can rotate any page in 90° increments.
There are two ways in which pages can be rotated:
- Rotate while viewing: Allows you to temporarily rotate all pages in the PDF you are currently viewing
- Rotate permanently: Allows you to change the rotation of one of more pages in a document and to save those changes
To temporarily rotate a PDF document while viewing it:
There are two methods to achieve this:
- On the Home tab, in the Pages group, click the arrow next to the Rotate button and then select Temporarily Rotate View
- On the Page Layout tab, in the Pages group, click the arrow below the Rotate button and then select Temporarily Rotate View
|Note: This view rotation is not saved when you close the document|
To quickly rotate pages in a PDF permanently :
There are three methods to achieve this:
- On the Home tab, in the Pages group, click the Rotate button
- On the Page Layout tab, in the Pages group, click the Rotate button
- From the sidebar navigation tabs (displayed along the left side of the application window), click the Pages button to display the Pages pane.
Next, select which pages you wish to rotate and then click on either the Rotate Page(s) Left or Rotate Page(s) Right buttons at the top of the Pages pane.
To permanently rotate pages in a PDF using the Advanced settings:
By accessing the Advanced rotation dialog, you have more control over the direction you can rotate the pages, as well as which pages within the PDF are to be rotated.
There are two methods to reach the Advanced settings dialog:
- On the Home tab, in the Pages group, click the arrow next to the Rotate button and then select Advanced
- On the Page Layout tab, in the Pages group, click the arrow below the Rotate button and then select Advanced
Occasionally one might come across a scanned document that was skewed when converted to PDF. Auto deskew automatically detects detects the orientation of the text and aligns it to the page borders; making it easier to read or to apply OCR.
- Open a skewed PDF file in Nitro Pro
- In the Page Layout ribbon, under the Document panel, click Auto De-skew