The Create Page Links tool lets you automatically turn all numbers on an area of the page into active hyperlinks that will link each number to the corresponding page in the document. It’s ideal for making sections of documents, like the table of contents and index, more intelligent and easier to use. It’s simply a matter of selecting the part of the page or range of pages you want to scan, and then running the tool to turn them into active links.
- On the Page Layout tab, in the Navigation group, click the arrow beneath Link
- Click Auto Page Links
- To specify the area of the page or page range to process, do either of the following:
- To scan only an area of the page, click and drag the cursor to select it, and then specify the pages to scan
- To scan the whole page, or a range of whole pages, select the Range option, and then enter the pages to include
- Click the options to set the appearance of the links
- Click the Create button to generate the links