Microsoft Rights Management (RMS) provides a service that protects and shares files by allowing you to encrypt your sensitive documents and restrict access to approved individuals only.
At the time of writing, Microsoft RMS for individuals is offered as a free service. The following instructions detail how to set up an account and use it with Nitro Pro.
- Browse to https://portal.aadrm.com/ and sign up for an account. Wait to receive your password and account details before proceeding to the next step
- Browse to http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=38396 to download and install the Active Directory Rights Management Service Client
- Browse to http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=28177 to download and install the Microsoft Online Services Sign-In Assistant for IT Professionals RTW (Microsoft Office 365 user might already have this installed)
- Open a PDF file in Nitro Pro
- On the Protect tab, in the Secure Document group, click Microsoft RMS Security
- Alternatively, click the button menu to select exiting security templates